1. What is the primary objective of the MBA Scholarship Awards?
The MBA Scholarship Awards aims to create well-rounded company leaders and senior management by enabling qualified individuals from technical backgrounds to develop their management skills through a Master of Business Administration (MBA) at one of the leading international business schools.
2. What is the value of the MBA Scholarship Awards?
The scholarship value will depend on the course fees and living expenses as estimated by the relevant university. The scholarship amount is for a single student which includes:
- Tuition fees (at cost)
- Reasonable living allowance (fixed amount)
- Book allowance (at cost)
3. Are there preferred universities for the MBA programme?
The MBA Scholarship Awards are open to applicants who have received admission to any of the leading international business schools, with focus on the top 10 universities as ranked by The Financial Times, U.S. News & World Report or other recognised global MBA rankings (see respective websites).
4. Does YDD help scholarship applicants to secure a place in an MBA programme?
All applicants are expected to obtain their own MBA programme admissions.
5. Will scholars be bonded?
No, scholars will not be bonded upon completion of the MBA programme.
1. Who are eligible to apply for the MBA Scholarship Awards?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Malaysian Bumiputera aged between 25 – 35 years old
- Must posses at least a Second Class Upper Honours or minimum 3.5 CGPA undergraduate degree in engineering or IT/Computer Science
- Minimum 3 years working experience
- Have gained admission to an MBA programme current academic year
- Fulfil other required personal traits and selection criteria
2. What are the areas of study covered by the MBA Scholarship Awards?
The scholarship is for full-time overseas MBA programmes only. For other postgraduate studies, please visit our Overseas University Programme page.
3. Can applicants with admission to a part-time MBA programme apply to the MBA Scholarship Awards?
Only those who wish to pursue a full-time MBA programme overseas will be considered under the MBA Scholarship Awards. For executive education in management, please visit our Public Service Programme page.
4. Can applicants who have already started or completed an MBA programme apply?
Only applicants starting an MBA programme in current academic start will be considered.
1. How can one apply for the MBA Scholarship Awards?
You can go to ‘Apply Now’ page on our website to complete the online application form and follow the application instructions. Note that this form is only available online.
2. When can applicants start applying for the MBA Scholarship Awards and when will they know if they have been successful?
The application for the MBA Scholarship Awards is a rolling application and will be reviewed as they are received. Shortlisted applicants will be notified within two weeks after application submission.
3. Do applicants need to mail their certificates in to YDD?
No, applicants do not need to send in their certificates or academic transcripts. Shortlisted applicants will need to bring copies of their certificates and academic transcripts when they are invited for an interview.
4. What happens if I have not secured a place in any MBA programme?
We require applicants to show evidence of acceptance from their institution of choice and that they have satisfied the conditions of entry prior to being offered the MBA scholarship.
5. Can I appeal your decision if I am not shortlisted?
All decisions on the selection of scholarship awards are final.
For other information not covered in this FAQ section, please email email@example.com