Please note that this FAQ is not applicable to Secondary Boarding School Programme.
1. What is the primary objective of the Secondary Day School Programme scholarships?
The Secondary Day School Programme aims to develop good Mandarin-speaking and well-rounded students that will enhance the pool of post-SPM students to qualify for various prestigious scholarship awards by providing scholarships to students from public Chinese primary school to continue with their secondary level education at esteemed private day schools in Malaysia.
2. What is the value of the Secondary Day School Programme scholarships?
The scholarship value will depend on the course fees as estimated by the relevant private secondary day school. The scholarship amount includes:
- Full tuition including exam fees and required books
- Extra-curricular activities allowance (fixed amount)
3. Are there preferred private secondary schools for the Secondary Day School Programme scholarships?
The Secondary Day School Programme scholarship is open to students who are entering Form 1 at the beginning of each school year looking to enrol at private day schools with strong Mandarin programmes based in the Klang Valley, Ipoh, Penang and Johor.
4. How do scholarship applicants get a place in the private secondary day schools?
Shortlisted applicants will be required to sit for a written entrance examination and an interview set by the relevant private secondary day school selected by YDD.
5. What is the duration of the Secondary Day School Programme scholarships?
The scholarships are awarded for Form 1 until Form 5, subject to satisfactory academic and extra-curricular performance.
6. Is Mandarin subject compulsory?
Yes, it is compulsory for students to take the Mandarin subject from Form 1 until Form 5 to maintain the scholarship.
7. Will scholars be bonded?
No, scholars will not be bonded upon completion of the Secondary Day School Programme.
1. Who are eligible to apply for the Secondary Day School Programme scholarships?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Malaysian Bumiputera no more than 12 years old at time of application
- Must achieved minimum 5 A’s, preferably including Mandarin subject in Ujian Pencapaian Sekolah Rendah (UPSR), with strong extra-curricular activities
- Fulfil other required personal traits and selection criteria
2. Can students with admissions to private boarding secondary schools apply for the Secondary Day School Programme scholarships?
Only those who wish to enrol at private secondary day school will be considered for the Secondary Day School Programme scholarships.
3. Can students wishing to enrol at private international secondary schools apply for the Secondary Day School Programme scholarships?
Only those who wish to follow the Malaysian National Syllabus for Secondary School will be considered.
4. Can students who have already started secondary school or not yet completed primary school apply?
Only those starting Form 1 in each year will be considered for the Secondary Day School Programme scholarships.
1. How can one apply for the Secondary Day School Programme scholarships?
Application can be made directly at programme partner schools in the Klang Valley, Ipoh, Penang and Johor. For details on Yayasan DayaDiri’s partner schools, please email us here.
2. When can students start applying for the Secondary School Programme scholarships and when will they know if they have been successful?
Applications can be made from the date UPSR results are officially announced and will be closed two weeks after that. Shortlisted students will be invited to undergo the selection process within two weeks after submission of application and supporting documents.
3. What happens after students have undergone the selection process?
Successful applicants will be contacted within one week after the results of the selection process are announced and will be offered a scholarship to the relevant private secondary day school.
5. Can I appeal your decision if my child is not shortlisted?
All decisions on the selection of scholarship awards are final.
For other information not covered in this FAQ section, please email us here.