1. What is the primary objective of the Pre-University Programme?
The programme aims to enable high-potential post-SPM students from B40 income background to pursue A-Levels or IB Diploma programme, and qualify for various prestigious overseas scholarship programmes for their undergraduate studies.
2. What is the value of the Pre-University Programme scholarship?
Scholarship will cover the costs of tuition fees and living expenses as estimated by the institution over the full study period.
3. Are there preferred institutions for the Pre-University Programme scholarship?
The scholarship is open to all Bumiputera applicants to below institutions:
|Kolej Yayasan UEM (KYUEM)||A-Levels|
|Malay College Kuala Kangsar||International Baccalaureate Diploma|
|Tunku Kurshiah College||International Baccalaureate Diploma|
4. Does YDD help scholarship applicants to secure a place at the institution?
For Malay College Kuala Kangsar and Tunku Kurshiah College pre-university programmes, applicants are expected to obtain their own programme admission from the institution of their choice prior to applying for YDD scholarship.
Those interested in applying to KYUEM or Taylor’s College A-Levels programme can apply first to YDD for scholarship consideration, and use the confirmation of application to YDD for KYUEM or Taylor’s College admission process.
Applicants are required to choose one of the above programmes for scholarship application. Submission of application for multiple programmes will not be considered.
5. Will scholars be bonded?
There is no service bond attached to the Pre-University Programme scholarship.
6. Will the scholarship be continued to undergraduate degree?
No, the scholarship will cover the scholar’s pre-university programme only. Scholars are encouraged to apply to other sponsorship bodies for their undergraduate studies. Scholars are also welcomed to apply for YDD’s undergraduate scholarship programmes, and will be assessed as a fresh applicant together with the other applying candidates.
1. What are the eligibility criteria to apply for the Pre-University Programme scholarship?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Malaysian Bumiputera (including Pribumi Sabah, Sarawak and Orang Asli) whose total household income not exceeding RM4,850 per month;
- Minimum 7As (A+ and A, including English and Mathematics) in Sijil Pelajaran Malaysia (SPM);
- Strong in academics and extra co-curricular activities; and
- Fulfil other required personal traits and selection criteria.
2. What are the subjects covered by the Pre-University Programme scholarship?
Applicants are encouraged to choose their subject combination based on their interest and future study plan.
3. Can applicants with admission to a part-time /distance-learning/ twinning university courses apply to the Pre-University Programme scholarship?
Students who are currently pursuing part-time, distance-learning, or twinning courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
4. Can applicants who have already started the programme apply?
Only applicants who are about to start or just starting their programme will be considered.
5. What other requirements must applicants meet for the scholarship?
We require successful applicants to satisfy medical requirements prior to being offered a scholarship.
1. How to apply for the Pre-University Programme scholarship?
When the application submission date is open, you can click on the ‘Apply Now’ button in the Pre- University Programme to complete the online application form and follow the application instructions. Please note that this form is only available online.
2. When can applicants start applying for the Pre-University Programme scholarship and when will they know if they have been successful?
Please check the announcements on our website, Facebook and Twitter pages for scholarship selection period and submission deadline. Shortlisted applicants will be notified within four weeks after the application closing date. For applicants seeking admission to later academic intake, we encourage you to first gain admission before applying for this scholarship.
3. Do applicants need to mail their certificates in to YDD?
All supporting documents are to be uploaded with the scholarship application form. Only shortlisted applicants will be asked to submit the hardcopy of their verified certificates and academic transcripts when they are invited for an interview.
4. Will YDD consider appeals from unsuccessful applications?
All decisions regarding YDD scholarship award are final.
For other information not covered in this FAQ section, please email us here.
© 2022 Yayasan DayaDiri (200901039989 (883134-X)). All rights reserved.