1. What is the primary objective of the Overseas University Programme?
The programme aims to create highly-qualified Bumiputera talents to contribute towards nation-building by providing scholarships for individuals to pursue tertiary-level studies at leading universities in the US, UK, Australia.
2. What is the value of the Overseas University Programme scholarship?
Scholarship will cover the costs of tuition fees and living expenses as estimated by the university over the full study period.
3. Are there preferred institutions for the Overseas University Programme scholarship?
The scholarship is open to all Bumiputera applicants with at least a conditional offer to any of the leading international universities as ranked by the Times Higher Education or other recognised global university rankings.
4. Does YDD help scholarship applicants to secure a place at the institution?
No, all applicants are expected to obtain their own college or university admissions.
5. Will scholars be bonded?
There is a service bond attached to the Overseas University Programme scholarship.
1. What are the eligibility criteria to apply for the Overseas University Programme scholarship?
Applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Malaysian Bumiputera
- Must possess strong academic, extracurricular, and personal achievements
- Have gained at least conditional admission to relevant institution
- Fulfill other required personal traits and selection criteria
2. What are the areas of study covered by the Overseas University Programme scholarship?
The scholarship is for applicants pursuing full-time undergraduate degree or Master’s degree in subjects that are critical to the development of the nation in the fields of Art and Design, Business and Finance; Humanities and Social Sciences; and Science and Engineering (not including Medicine) at any universities ranked in the top 20% for the study subject, as published by:
- Times Higher Education; or
- The Complete University Guide; or
- US News and World Report; or
- Financial Times; or
- Other recognised global university rankings.
The league table per subject may vary based on total number of institutions reviewed in the ranking.
3. Can applicants with admission to a part-time /distance-learning/ twinning university courses apply to the Overseas University Programme scholarship?
Students who are currently pursuing part-time, twinning /off-campus, franchised or distance-learning courses are not eligible for this scholarship.
4. Does the postgraduate scholarship cover professional and technical certificate programmes?
The postgraduate scholarship covers full-time Master’s degrees only.
5. Can applicants who have already started university courses apply?
Only applicants starting first year of study will be considered.
6. What other requirements must applicants meet for the overseas scholarship?
We require successful applicants to satisfy medical and visa requirements prior to being offered a scholarship.
1. How can one apply for the Overseas University Programme scholarship?
When the application submission date is open, you can click on the ‘Apply Now’ button in the Overseas University Programme page on our website to complete the online application form and follow the application instructions. Please note that this form is only available online.
2. When can applicants start applying for the University Programme scholarship and when will they know if they have been successful?
Please check the announcements on our website, Facebook and Twitter pages for scholarship selection period and submission deadline. Shortlisted applicants will be notified within four weeks after the application closing date. For applicants seeking admission to later academic intake, we encourage you to first gain admission before applying for this scholarship.
3. Do I need to submit separate application if I have received conditional acceptances from multiple universities?
No, applicants are required to submit their application based on their preferred university and course of study, and may confirm their final selection after receiving unconditional acceptance from university.
4. What happens if I have not secured a place in any college or university?
We require applicants to show evidence of acceptance from their institution of choice and that they have satisfied the conditions of entry prior to being offered the scholarship.
5. Do applicants need to mail their certificates in to YDD?
No, applicants do not need to send in their certificates or academic transcripts. Shortlisted applicants will need to bring copies of their certificates and academic transcripts when they are invited for an interview.
6. Can I appeal your decision if I am not shortlisted?
All decisions on the selection of scholarship awards are final.
For other information not covered in this FAQ section, please email us here.
© 2022 Yayasan DayaDiri (200901039989 (883134-X)). All rights reserved.