YDD respects and values your privacy with regards to your Personal Data and strive to protect the same in accordance with the PDPA.
2. Personal Data that YDD Collects
- The Personal Data collected by YDD may include (but is not limited) to the following: your name, date of birth, identification supporting documents (including NRIC and Passport numbers), gender, nationality, religion, race, preferred language, contact details, medical details, academic records, family members and related parties and personal information about them (including financial position and proof of income), photographs and/or such other information identifiable to you.
- In addition, when you visit YDD’s website, information such as the date and time of access, IP address, internet host and browsing history may be automatically collected through YDD’s website and your computer will automatically be issued with a cookie. Cookies are text files that are placed in your computer’s hard drive to identity your computer to our server. You may set your computer to accept all cookies, to notify you when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time.
- Where you have provided us with Personal Data relating to others (for example, spouse, family members, related parties or emergency contact persons or where you are the designated person in charge (from an organization or company or institution) you represent and warrant that you have their express consent to share their Personal Data with us or are otherwise entitled to provide their Personal Data to us.
3. When and how we collect your Personal Data
We may collect Personal Data directly from you when you:
- communicate with us (for example, when you submit an application form or when you make enquiries with us);
- register interest and/or request for information (through email or other available channels);
- visit our office; or
- visit or browse our website.
Other than the Personal Data obtained from you directly (as detailed above), we may also obtain your Personal Data from third parties such as your legal representatives, financial institutions, credit bureaus or credit reference agencies, social networks, fraud prevention agencies or other organisations (collectively, Third Parties), and from such other sources where you have given your consent for the disclosure of your Personal Data, and/or where otherwise lawfully permitted.
4. Usage of Personal Data
We may collect Personal Data from you or from the Third Parties for one or more of the following purposes (Purposes):-
- to verify your identity;
- to administer and assess your application(s) for our scholarships or study loans;
- to evaluate and better understand the Third Parties’ needs;
- for administration, assessment, records management, reporting, audit and for security and fraud prevention purposes;
- for research purposes including historical and statistical record keeping purposes;
- for compliance with any governing laws and/or legal processes and/or orders and/or contractual and/or regulatory requirements;
- for YDD’s branding, communications and corporate affairs purposes which include publication in printing materials, website and/or electronic media as well as external parties’ printing materials and/or electronic media;
- for purpose of YDD’s corporate governance;
- where an email containing your Personal Data is received by us in the course of communications and is retained as correspondence and/or for record purposes;
- where such Personal Data is retained as business contact information;
- to keep in contact with you and provide you with information you may have requested; and/or
- for any other purposes that is required or permitted by any law, regulations, guidelines and/or relevant regulatory authorities and any other incidental and associated purposes relating to any of the above.
5. Refusal to provide Personal Data
Where indicated (for example in application forms), it is obligatory to provide your Personal Data to us to enable us to process your application or request to YDD. Should you decline to provide such obligatory Personal Data, we may not be able to process your application or request which may then be rejected.
6. Disclosure of your Personal Data
Personal Data provided to YDD will generally be kept confidential, but you hereby consent and authorise YDD to provide your Personal Data to the following categories of parties:-
- Board of Trustees, employees and/or representatives of YDD;
- academic institutions;
- Government agencies;
- law enforcement agencies;
- other parties for purposes that are related to the purposes of collecting and using your Personal Data as set out in Section 4;
- any person who is under an obligation to keep the Personal Data confidential;
- other parties in respect of whom you have given your express or implied consent; and/or
- any relevant agent, contractor, or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, securities clearing, management, audit, insurance, professional or other relevant services to YDD.
7. Storage and Retention of Personal Data
- YDD shall endeavor to store your Personal Data securely in hard copy or in databases within YDD’s office. Any Personal Data that you have provided to YDD will be retained by YDD as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the Purposes and where required, to fulfill statutory, regulatory, administration requirements.
- We endeavor, where practicable, to implement the appropriate administrative and security safeguards and procedures in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations to prevent the unauthorized or unlawful processing of your Personal Data and the accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your Personal Data.
- Any Personal Data retained by YDD may be destroyed and/or deleted in the event such information is no longer required by YDD (in its sole discretion).
8. Transfer of Personal Data
You consent to YDD transferring your Personal Data outside of Malaysia in any of the instances as set out in Section 4. We shall take reasonable steps to ensure that any such overseas entities are contractually bound not to use your Personal Data for any reason other than in accordance with the terms of contract which we may enter into with them and to adequately safeguard your Personal Data.
9. Right to Access and Correction of Personal Data
- YDD respects the privacy of your Personal Data and is committed in ensuring the confidentiality, protection, security and accuracy of your Personal Data made available to YDD. Hence, it is your responsibility to ensure that all Personal Data submitted to us and retained by us is accurate and complete in all aspects and up-to-date.
- You have the right of access to your Personal Data and to request correction of the Personal Data that is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not up-to-date. Please note that we may have to withhold access to your personal information in certain situations, for example when we are unable to confirm your identity or where information requested for is of a confidential commercial nature or in the event we receive repeated request for the same information. Nevertheless, we will notify you of the reason for not being able to accede to your request for access.
Address : Level 39 Menara Maxis, Kuala Lumpur City Centre, 50088 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Email : Email us
11. Links to Third Party Websites
By submitting your Personal Data, you declare that you have read, fully understood and accepted the statements herein and further authorise YDD to process the Personal Data for the Purposes.
© 2022 Yayasan DayaDiri (200901039989 (883134-X)). All rights reserved.